About the Role
The role is for a court of Protection/PI trust specialist in the Compensation Protection Unit of the PI team: administering high value compensation awards for catastrophically injured (accident or medically caused) clients.
To consistently deliver a high standard of legal advice to clients in a commercially astute manner, delivering outstanding client service at all times. To assist with the marketing of the department’s services and undertaking business development activities to build on the firm and team’s reputation for excellence. Undertake supervision of more junior colleagues.
Duties will include:
- Undertake the day to day management of 25 to 30 Court of Protection and PI trusts, under the direction of Tracy Norris-Evans as lead director for WKTL.
- Build credibility with clients and families developing own client relationships through managing client expectations regarding options, outcomes, risk and timescales. Build team around the client.
- Deal with monthly billing and cost estimates.
- Develop market and sector knowledge and demonstrate expertise to clients, families, case managers, IFA’s, therapists in a MDT approach.
- Be proactive in reducing risk and exposure in the team and support in building a risk culture.
- Aware of all relevant processes and procedures and adheres to these.
- Ensure excellent document management and adhere to paperlite/less policy. Comply with GDPR policy.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified CILEx or Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Previous experience within private client, namely court of protection, area of law.
- Ability to manage own files and delegate work to others
- Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service
- Ability to coach and mentor junior lawyer
- Track progress against your own KPIs and that of the Compensation Protection Team, meeting targets.
- Support with budgetary management of client matters
- Set personal objectives that are aligned to the department/ sector plan. Understand how these fit into the firm-wide business plan
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
Royds Withy King is a UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, personal injury and clinical negligence practices. It has the combined expertise of over 480 staff across offices in London, Bath, Oxford and Wiltshire and is a founding member of the international network of independent law firms, Interleges.
Royds Withy King uses its experience to put clients ahead of the curve and places client relationships at the heart of everything it does. Royds Withy King achieved eight top tier rankings in The Legal 500 2017 and 39 lawyers were ranked as ‘Leaders in their Field’ in Chambers & Partners UK 2018, both leading guides to the law.
The firm is proud to be ranked for the last five years as a Sunday Times 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work for. Royds Withy King also received a three star ‘extraordinary’ accreditation from Best Companies in 2017 – one of just six UK law firms to have done so.