about 1 month ago
We are looking for an Assistant Solicitor to join and established firm in Cheshire.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
* Advise clients in writing, by telephone and on occasion, in person.
* Manage a caseload of clients
* Draft documents.
* Dictate letters, attendance notes etc.
* Maintain case files as a full and coherent record of activity on matters.
* Prepare instructions for counsel and other service providers as necessary.
* Record all time spent on matters.
* Monitor achievement of own financial targets.
* Use correct office systems and procedures in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm's and the profession's standards.
Maintain up to date knowledge by training and research in the following areas of law:
* Clinical Negligence
* Consumer Law
* Contract Law
* Data Protection
Skills and Personal Characteristics Required
* Ability to maintain good communications with all fee earners and support staff.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Willing to comply with or suggest improvements to the firm's procedures.
* Computer literate and knowledge of software applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Patience and a sense of humour.
* Good telephone manner with clients.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close