7 months ago
Job title: Assistant Paralegal
Reports to: Partners/Senior Paralegal
Department: Corporate – Company Secretarial
Length: 12 month fixed term contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,500 lawyers operating from 20 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and has also developed Cerico, a cloud-based regulatory compliance solution. It has developed long-term service agreements, often referred to as ‘sole adviser’ relationships, with a number of blue-chip organisations.
Purpose of the role
Working as part of our Corporate practice group, alongside a Senior paralegal in Leeds, this role requires that you assist with administrative support. The role will also include assistance with company secretarial matters where required with a view to this part of the role increasing as the workload of the team increases. You will be expected to demonstrate your organisational skills and interpersonal skills when dealing with other members of the firm.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· File opening and carrying out Anti-money laundering checks on new clients
· Sorting and dispatching mail received on behalf of our clients as their registered office
· Data entry in respect of adding new companies to the Blueprint company secretarial software
· Maintain monthly billing spreadsheets and responsibility for preparing fees each month
· Dealing with any additional ad hoc duties that may arise
Qualifications & Experience:
· Educated to at least Higher standard or equivalent
· Basic IT skills: Word and Email
· Database experience would be an advantage but not essential
· Experience of the Blueprint Company Secretarial software an advantage but not essential
Personal Qualities & Behaviours:
· Professional appearance and manner
· Flexible and willing to work within a busy environment
· Good time management skills
· Enthusiastic, confident and demonstrable interpersonal skills
· Accurate with good attention to detail
· Demonstrates honesty and integrity
· A team player
· Has a good sense of perspective and is able to use their common sense
· Committed, hard working and responsible