10 months ago
Job Title: Assistant Financial Analyst
Hours of work: 9.30am to 5.30pm (flexibility required)
Purpose of the role:
Assisting with the preparation of financial analysis and reporting for key stakeholders such as Partners, Business Managers, and the wider lawyer population.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Preparation of ad hoc analysis and reporting for clients, matter, team or work type.
· Management of the Business Analyst mailbox, including monitoring requests, responding to queries and prioritising requests for information.
· Support the Business Analysts with financial analysis
· Provide evaluations on the impact of secondments to clients (fee income vs costs)
· Support the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis on analysis for various commercial initiatives
Other Analysis and Modelling
· Providing the Business Manager Team with support in completing the budget and reforecast models as well as other financial models, such as the three year plan
· Support the Business Analysts with the preparation of lawyer financial performance information for promotions and appraisals, including partner promotions.
· Support the Business Analysts with the preparation of financial information as required to the Partnership Committee in relation to partner promotions and biennial reviews.
· Assist with due diligence in relation to new ventures and projects.
· Preparation of analysis to assist in the management and understanding of Practice Group Performance, including analysing utilisation levels.
· Review lawyer performance reports for accuracy.
· Support with testing of new systems and/or reports.
· Ad hoc projects as required.
· Educated to degree level
· Study support for AAT/CIMA/ACCA post completion of probationary period.
· Previous experience of working in a Professional Services environment.
· Knowledge of legal practice management systems (Aderant, 3e) would be advantageous
· High level of systems/ IT literacy (particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Strong time management skills with the proven ability to work within a busy environment and meet frequent deadlines.
· Highly numerate with excellent accuracy and good attention to detail
Personal Qualities/ Behaviours:
· Good communication skills (both written and oral)
· Excellent team player who is reliable and flexible
· Ability to prioritise effectively and work on own initiative
· Organised and methodical
· Ambitious individual
· Approachable and good at forming relationships with people at all levels in the Firm
· Positive and pro-active