Our client is a multi branch firm of Solicitors based in Hampshire and Wiltshire and we are recruiting a Assistant Family Solicitor or Legal Executive to be based in their Salisbury office.
- The ideal candidate will have gained experience and knowledge from handling their own caseload of matrimonial work.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building on an existing caseload of privately funded matters and will deal with all aspects of divorce, child contact, and residence disputes and all other problems arising form a breakdown of a personal relationship.
- Areas of expertise should include divorce and separation, cohabitee disputes, resolution of financial property and pension claims, child residence and contact issues and domestic violence injunctions.
- The company also offer public funded work and a willingness to deal with Legal Aid work would be welcomed
- It is felt someone with around 3 years PQE would have the right level of knowledge and experience but of course all candidates of all PQE will be considered
- You must be able to demonstrate good training throughout your career and have an enthusiasm for business development.
- Strong analytical skills and able to demonstrate the ability to identify and deal with the core elements of a problem.
- Able to produce work that is consistently accurate.
- IT literate with intermediate Microsoft Office skills and case management systems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt style of communication
Desirable skills and attributes
- Experience as a Mediator and / or Collaborative lawyer would assist.
Salary range: DOE
The office is very near the High Street. There is a requirement at times to travel to the other branches so a car owne/driver is essential. The branch offices don't offer a full service so appointments are booked together for occasional days in the other offices. The role will cover predominately Private funded work. There is no specific parking at the firm, but arrangements can be made for those travelling to other offices. The family department work very much as a team so a real team player is paramount.
This is a company that encourage responsiiblity and you are not going to be micro managed so we are looking for self starters with plenty of enthusiasm and self confidence. This is a family owned business with lots of the team within the company being related to each other so although a medim sized firm of around 50 people there is a strong family feel to the company. There is a very low turn over of staff and this is attributed to a genuine care of the employees and their welfare. This is a company to stay at!
The firm offer 25 days holiday, 3 of which are used for the break between Christmas and the New Year.
- We commit to discussing all opportunities with you in advance and we will never send your CV to a client without your permission.
- Magenta operates strictly in accordance with its Code of Conduct For Diversity and Equality, Recruitment, Business and Ethical Standards.
- Contact us to discuss this opportunity and other vacancies that may be suitable.