6 months ago
The firm offers excellent prospects for progression and our culture provides all our people with world-class support to achieve their ambitions and goals.
Bird & Bird is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunities employer. We support an agile working environment and are happy to discuss flexible working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Commercial Analyst within our London Finance team.
Ideally, the candidate will be studying towards a formal financial qualification and/or have experience working within a professional services environment. This position involves liaising with users at all levels within the firm and so requires excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate will have good organisational skills with the ability to use their own initiative and have a proactive attitude.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Providing commercial, financial and analytical support to the practice groups, providing financial analysis for the Commercial Accountants and Senior Management Teams designed to drive the right behaviors that enhance profitability.
* Supporting Commercial Accountants and Analysts in scrutinising the financial performance of the practice groups through ad hoc and regular reporting requirements.
* Providing support to Marketing and Business Development (MBD) by reviewing requests for data, providing relevant reporting and simple analysis of results.
* Providing support for the budgeting and forecasting process.
* Providing pricing support to the Head of Pricing and Commercial Accountants to ensure we win profitable work.
* Supporting wider projects and initiatives led by Commercial Accountants designed to enhance financial performance.
* Communicating effectively and champion the Matter planning process.
For further details on this role please click on the link below to review the job specification or contact Rachel Boyle, Recruitment Officer for a confidential discussion about the vacancy.