4 months ago
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
We were the fastest growing UK law firm last year with 2016/17 revenue of £165 million and were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017.
We are looking for post A level students dedicated to a career in law to join the firm in September 2018, with a view to complete the Solicitor Apprenticeship Programme and qualify as a Solicitor.
This is a 6 years' programme where you will be building up your career in a top city law firm, earning, learning and developing essential business skills.
The recruitment process for Apprentice Solicitors will include psychometric tests, an assessment centre and some work experience in our office.
What we offer
* Permanent employment: we want you to join us for a long term career at Fieldfisher.
* Sponsorship of your qualification through the Solicitor Apprenticeship Programme (delivered by the University of Law): you will obtain a degree while you are employed, with no university student debt.
* Continuous learning and development in a supportive environment surrounded by leading lawyers and exciting clients.
* We have a range of sports teams, clubs, committees and networks to ensure you have fun along the way.
Key Skills & Experience
* Excellent written and oral communication.
* Good planning and organisation skills.
* Ability to work well within a team and proactive.
* Keen to learn, resilient and adaptable.
* Previous work experience would be advantageous but not essential.
* BBB at A level (or equivalent).
* 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English, grade C or above (or equivalent).
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.