12 months ago
About the role
The successful candidate will be technically skilled; ensuring all knowledge within the team is documented and shared. They will deliver BAU projects appropriately, manage the existing applications portfolio and have good communication skills with a focus on customer service and satisfaction.
The role holder will work closely with vendors to create a culture of continuous improvement, to ensure our systems remain up to date, optimised and aligned to our IT Roadmap. The Application Support Analyst will take a hands on approach to the role by supporting and maintaining the CMS applications portfolio while working closely with the Program Management Office towards the successful delivery of the internal projects.
The successful candidate is expected to carry out the following tasks:
* Work with a team that is cross-location based.
* Coordinate with the Program Management Office regarding project delivery including hand-over of projects to BAU.
* Involved in gathering/creating/implementing the documentation, processes, policies and controls for all the applications in the CMS portfolio.
* Contribute to the implementation and technical validation for the applications changes approved in the Change Board meetings.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level of support for all CMS applications.
* Contribute to the systems data architecture and backup/DR strategy.
* Offer internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on applications and database related issues.
* Liaise with the specialist application software suppliers for the resolution of the incidents or as part of projects.
* Coordinate with the procurement analyst for the various procurement requirements.
* Support the Technical Business Applications Lead to identify and execute strategies for the development of the service by researching new technologies and alternative methods of increasing efficiency.
* Constantly develop specialised skills in the team that enable them to produce work efficiently and at an effective cost.
* Work with the monitoring team to assure the applications uptime as agreed in the SLAs.
* Proactively propose and implement changes to the CMS applications that will improve or guarantee a better user experience.
* Enhance and automate processes and tasks to facilitate administration of services.
* Over time, the role holder will be grouped into a specialist area to focus on core business applications.
* Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and ensure compliance.
* A background in technical IT roles but does not require deep expertise in each area.
* Sufficient technical knowledge to engage and query his/her peers and management.
* Experience of delivering with interlinked dependencies in a 24/7 multi-cultural environment.
* The ability to make judgements based on his/her analytical strengths and the ability to recognise the wider business impact of his/her decisions.
* Experience in providing customer service in an IT or similar technical environment.
* Experience with a broad range of Microsoft applications.
* Experience in managing a DMS (Document Management System).
* Understanding of Virtual Environments.
* Experience with VDI technologies (Citrix).
* Risk and IT cyber security awareness.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Evidence of a proactive and pragmatic approach to his/her work.
* Experience of working in a team with members based in a variety of locations, as well as vendors who are responsible for delivery.
* Evidence of flexibility and commitment.
* Ability to analyse problems and recommend / implement solutions.
* Strong analysis and decision-making skills with keen attention to detail.
* Trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity.
* Excellent organisational skills.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Claire Keen, Recruitment Advisor for more information.