6 months ago
The firm offers excellent prospects for progression and our culture provides all our people with world-class support to achieve their ambitions and goals.
Bird & Bird is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunities employer. We support an agile working environment and are happy to discuss flexible working.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our IT department for an Application Developer.
The individual will be involved in all areas of IT Software Development working to a high standard within the firm's development standards and practices. These include developments and integrations with Microsoft Office, our template management system (including document automation), internal web applications, desktop solutions, integrations and server-side services.
The individual will participate in the full development lifecycle using their excellent analytical and software development skills. The role also includes third line support of the above systems, the majority of which will be internally client facing. Although based in London, the role will provide development and support to our global operations.
Duties & responsibilities:
* Work with the Application Development Manager, Business Analysts and Technical Project Managers to translate requirements into design and build;
* Deliver solutions to meet the changing requirements of the Firm;
* Design, develop, test, implement and maintain Desktop and Web based business applications and systems according to the IT Services software development coding standards and best practices;
* Work with the Application Development Team to proactively evaluate software and solutions, sharing proposals where necessary to enable budget planning by the Head of Business Solutions;
* Proactively review changes in development technologies, methodologies and standards and recommend amendments to the development team and subsequent updating of best practices and coding standards;
* Work with all business support departments to translate business requirements into practical solutions;
* Work with all global and local IT Support Teams to provide a coordinated software service; and
* Day-to-day third line support of in-house systems within the Application Development Team and global IT department.
Ideally, the candidate will have:
* Excellent knowledge of C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VBA within the latest Microsoft .NET framework. Sound theoretical background in software engineering particularly Object Orientated design with an experienced understanding of source control, scripting and unit testing;
* Familiarity with the IntApp suite of products including (but not limited to) IntApp Integration Builder, IntApp Flow and IntApp Open. Conversant with Document Management Systems – (ideally iManage/Worksite);
* Any deeper experience with web development technologies such as jQuery, Bootstrap, JSON, would be advantageous but are not mandatory. An understanding of software deployment methodologies (e.g. SCCM) would be advantageous as would Windows 10 (or higher) customisation, general networking and server support.
For further details on this role please click on the link below to review the job specification or contact Rachel Boyle, Recruitment Officer, for a confidential discussion about the vacancy.