6 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
As the “Subject Matter Expert” to the centralised Client & Matter Inception team in the Quality & Risk Directorate you will be responsible for undertaking and overseeing anti-money laundering (AML) /client due diligence (CDD) checks on new and existing clients, conflict of interest checks, on-going client monitoring, sanctions checks and assisting with other risk management procedures.
You will be the first point of contact for queries and escalations, and ensuring all actions carried out by the Client & Matter Inception team are conducted in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies and procedures and in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
* Take responsibility for the efficiency and delivery of the client inception process
* Collaborating with the Partners/Legal Advisers/PAs within the Practice Groups to ensure accurate information about clients and matters is obtained
* Manage all escalations in a timely manner, analysing the relevant issues and resolving the query or escalating as appropriate within the Quality and Risk Directorate
* Reviewing new client and matter information ensuring satisfactory details are provided by the Legal Advisors/PAs and asking for further information as necessary, including from clients
* Reviewing the CDD and undertaking research or obtaining further information
* Analysing the CDD results and escalating AML issues to the Team Manager as required
* Conducting conflict checks using the firm's databases
* Analysing conflict search results and escalating conflict issues to the Team Manager as required
* Following up with LAs/PAs or other employees swiftly when seeking information or conflict resolution from other stake holders around the firm
* Recording information, as required, for compliance and auditing purposes
Skills and qualifications
* Demonstrable knowledge/understanding of a regulatory/control environment
* Track record of working within a regulatory/control environment
* AML expertise, particularly the Money Laundering Regulations and CDD requirements
* Knowledge of conflict checks in any regulatory environment would be advantageous
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions