about 1 year ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
We were the fastest growing UK law firm last year with 2016/17 revenue of £165 million and were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017.
We are looking for two candidates to come on board to support with day to day tasks relating to all aspects of client and matter inception. One English speaking one Bilingual - English and German. Both roles are permanent.
As an AML Compliance Officer you will be responsible for:
* Reviewing and approving new Clients where acceptable AML due diligence has been provided.
* Determining the nature and level of due diligence required in order to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and undertaking client due diligence (where required)
* Providing advice to fee earners and secretaries on Anti-Money Laundering and other general client inception queries.
* Conducting Enhanced Due Diligence monitoring and research.
* Consulting with the MLRO and deputy MLROs on CDD issues and high risk approvals.
* Assisting the team in answering various ad hoc queries that come into the AML Team inbox.
* Identifying politically exposed persons, those subject to sanctions or to wider enforcement action to ensure the firm's regulatory compliance in respect of both new and existing clients.
* Supporting the team with the administration of reminder emails, the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records and the closure of clients and matters where necessary.
* Keeping up to date with key developments in money laundering legislation and regulation.
* Assisting the wider Risk Team when required, including the Conflicts and Business Acceptance Team, where training will be provided.
Key Skills & Experience
* Previous AML/Risk or legal experience working in a law firm or a professional services environment.
* Previous experience advising on AML and Sanctions risks and how to mitigate these is desirable.
* Possess excellent research and drafting skills.
* Ability to exercise judgement and make informed and practical decisions within well-defined processes.
* Communicate complex or complicated procedures or requirements in a confident, clear, well-structured manner.
* Demonstrate the capacity to absorb, analyse and consolidate large amounts of information.
* Have the communication skills to interact at all levels within the firm and be a good team player.
* Have an efficient and organised approach to dealing with administration.
* Be PC literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Have a strong work ethic and good team
Fieldfisher aim to provide equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.