We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Property and Housing Litigation team in central London providing assistance to the department with general administrative support.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Microsoft Word (advanced) Microsoft Excel (intermediate).
- To use Multi-Function Devices (MFD’s) and/or copiers for the purpose of copying, scanning, printing and finishing.
- To produce accurate documents in accordance with the Firm’s style and standards whether originated by audio dictation, email or manuscript drafts or from existing saved documents.
- To produce routine reports internally and externally.
- To assemble and/or check electronic or printed documents including accurate proof reading.
- Assembling, paginating, indexing and copying Court bundles.
- To have a good standard of written English and solid numeracy.
- To ensure that files (both physical and electronic) are efficiently, accurately and regularly maintained.
- Proficiency in the use of the Firm’s File Management software (and any subsequent document management system that may be introduced) to file and maintain emails in appropriate client directories.
- A thorough knowledge of and timely adherence to the Firm’s file maintenance procedures.
- To be able to accurately and quickly enter electronic data.
- Answering telephones and replying to emails internally or externally promptly in a professional, cheerful and helpful manner at all times.
- Making meeting room bookings, and support to fee earners.
- Basic knowledge of adding and editing client and contact details in the Firm’s Client Relationship Management system (which is now to be run through SoS).
- Efficient, friendly and knowledgeable approach in respect of all new work enquiries.
- Assistance in preparing fee earners for client meetings ensuring relevant files and documents are available.
File opening and closing
- Thorough knowledge of and timely adherence to the Firm’s physical and electronic file opening and archiving procedures, including the use of temporary storage of files.
- Support the Executive Assistant(s) (where appropriate) to ensure fee earner compliance with all relevant risk management requirements on file opening and closing, including records of conflict checking, anti-money laundering checks, client care letters/terms and conditions, file management checklists and large value retainers.
- Assisting the fee earner with completion of basic documentation, such as cheque requests, electronic payment requests, receipts and transfers and expenses reclaims. Also creating bills for fee earners and being responsible for sending them out.
- Being able to enter time manually on behalf of a fee earner if required.
- To support the fee earner(s) through the efficient operation of all the Firm’s administrative procedures and policies.
- Assisting in booking fee earners on conferences and courses.
- Proactively maintaining MFD/departmental stationery supplies and local kitchen supplies.
- Thorough knowledge of all internal policies and procedures, including booking couriers/taxis, booking external/float temps and knowledge of outsourcing procedures for copying/printing.
- Where necessary, to assist with maintaining a team’s “library” of books and journal
- To work and behave in a professional manner, to a high ethical standard and to strict deadlines.
- Comply with procedures set out in the Office Manual.
- Carry out duties given by the partners or employees faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Treat all information about the Firm and its clients and their business as wholly confidential and demonstrate integrity and an honest approach in all endeavours.
Key Personal Characteristics
- A careful person able to understand particular tasks well and perform them to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic and energetic person wishing to improve their skills and experience.
- A person who may have a particular higher level skill such as accounting or IT.