9 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
Fixed term until April 2020
(37.5 hours per week covering 8am-8pm Monday-Friday on a rota basis, and alternate Saturdays 9-12.45)
Asset Based Lending
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
The main purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the teams in the Recoveries Services Practice Group.
* File management within the case management system
* Completing assigned tasks within the case management system
* Making and taking telephone calls from customers and clients and third parties
* Assisting the department with any other administrative tasks as directed by your line manager
* Taking personal responsibility for compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and client and internal Service Level Agreements
Skills and qualifications
* IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
* Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
* Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
* Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
* Friendly and helpful approach
* A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English.
* Treat your colleagues, clients and their customers and third parties with respect
* Good timekeeping
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions