9 months ago
Role Profile Level 1A
(Monday to FRiday 9am to 5.00pm)
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. Weightmans' team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
To work as part of a team providing administrative support to case handlers and secretaries.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Assist case handlers and secretaries
* Open new case files/matters ensuring compliance with Lexcel and internal procedures
* Prepare and copy various documents such as letters, enclosures, bundles etc
* Quarterly bills to include breakdowns and distribution of bills to clients/insured clients via post and securedoc email
* Dealing with invoices to include counsel’s 15% discount invoices (protocol in place to deal with such counsel invoices)
* Aged debt/client balances
* Collect and coordinate incoming and outgoing post
* Perform filing tasks
* Perform general photocopying & scanning duties
* Perform general file management duties
* Prepare and send out various internal and external documents
* Assist with the inputting of information on various systems
* Close and archive files
* Ensure relevant deadlines and quality measures are adhered to
* Comply with relevant Weightmans and client policies and procedures
* Perform other administrative duties as are appropriate
* Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the remit of the role.
The person specification
* At least 12 months administration experience, preferably in a similar environment
* Accounts queries and billing (desirable).
* Confident manner
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time
* Excellent IT skills
* Enthusiastic approach
* Flexible approach
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.