Leading contractor and facilities management company that operates globally is seeking an additional member to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Legal, this is a highly varied role offering excellent development potential.
Key duties will include:
- To work closely with business development, commercial and procurement teams with responsibilities for advising on and negotiating the legal aspects of proposed traditional FM, PFI, construction & engineering (including NEC, FIDIC, IChem (E) and JCT suite of standard form contracts) and international contracts from bid stage up to contract signature.
- To provide legal guidance to operational teams (including the negotiation, drafting and reviewing) on existing contracts for variations and the like as and when required.
- Advising and assisting on the management of disputes and litigations (including ADR such as Adjudications, Arbitrations and litigations). This will require either the management of external counsel or claims consultants or preparation or defence of claims as in-house advisor
- Employment cases are handled by outside counsel, however, the ability to assist and advise on employment law issues including a basic knowledge of TUPE and the workings and processes of Employment Tribunals would be helpful
Liaising with and managing external counsel and other advisors or consultants, when needed.
- To review current legislation and regulations and advise on their potential impact on present and future companies' activities
- To advise on planned future legislation and regulation and their potential impact on the company's activities
Assisting in the training of non-legal personnel in the companies to improve their understanding of the legal issues affecting the business
- Occasional travel for meetings on national and international projects as and when required by commercial teams.
- Experience of working in house for a main contractor or working for a private practice in the construction/ FM services / PFI/ projects sector is the perfect background to move into this role. Alternatively, experience of public sector services / projects may be considered relevant.
- Experience of large-scale international projects and familiarity with JCT, FIDIC, NEC and IChem E suite of contracts is highly desirable
Your ability to build strong relationships, be adaptable, autonomous and self-motivated will be equally as key to success as your legal skills and experiences to date.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott onor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.