10 months ago
The team has a national presence through the Birmingham, London, Leeds and Guildford offices. The work we carry out comprises of three key elements; Acquisition work, Plot Support work and Plot Sales.
We don’t operate a sub-team culture and all solicitors have the opportunity to work with all of the Partners in the team and undertake a wide variety of work for national house builders and developers, both in the private housing sector and city regeneration sectors. The Partners encourage a supportive team environment where supervision is always available and members can seek advice and further their knowledge from others. We also work closely with the Planning, Construction and Tax teams.
We act for all top ten house builders and seventeen of the top twenty house builders, our whole team are incredibly specialist and has an enviable national reputation.
We are looking for an acquisition solicitor of 2+pqe to work alongside our other specialist solicitors and work primarily for a client base of household name house builders, Plc builders, developers and promoters.
This role will be reporting in to the Unit Head and all Partners in the team, and the successful candidate will run their own files with the knowledge that peer review is always available from senior colleagues when needed.
We encourage our solicitors to interact with our clients socially and there are numerous opportunities to attend these events.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
* Daily contact with clients.
* Preparation of contracts documents.
* Title examination.
* Due diligence involved in buying a development site including carrying out site visits.
* Attending or leading contract meetings with clients to negotiate contract documents, depending on experience.
* Attending business development and networking opportunities.
For an appropriately experienced solicitor there will be a supervisory role for junior fee earners within the team.
Key Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* Strong technical ability.
* A commercial approach to their work and client needs.
* The ability to negotiate contract documents largely unsupervised, though supervision and guidance will be available where needed.
* The ability to examine a title and undertake a full due diligence on a site acquisition from the point of view of a property developer.
* Excellent organisational skills and a strong communicator who can relay information/advice clearly and concisely.
* The ability to be responsive to client and colleague needs.
Sector experience is not necessarily required but would be desirable, but appropriate development experience is essential.