4 months ago
1 – 4 PQE Solicitor (HR0266)
Real Estate Dispute Resolution
Dependent on experience
* 21.5 days holiday p/a plus 3.5 over the Christmas period
* Day off for your birthday
* Perkbox (Discounts on food and drink, entertainment and shopping.
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Season ticket loans
* 5% pension contribution
You will work alongside the 12 Partners and Staff in the Real Estate Dispute Resolution Gatwick team, with the wider Real Estate department consisting of over 102 Staff and Partners being based in our other offices.
THE FIRM AND ROLE
DMH Stallard is a Legal 100 firm with a headcount of 302, which provides integrated legal services from offices in London, Gatwick, Guildford, Horsham and Brighton. We were awarded Corporate Law Firm of the Year by South East Dealmakers in 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Are you a confident 1-4 PQE Solicitor with previous experience in contentious residential property experience? Do you want to work for an award winning, supportive law firm that develops their own? This could be the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a 1–4 PQE Solicitor to operate as an effective member of the Real Estate Dispute Resolution group, working within a team of lawyers and paralegals specialising in contentious residential landlord and tenant, housing and property work. You will be responsible under supervision for own varied caseload of work and own fee targets, with the opportunity to be involved in business development, training and client care.
WHO AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The key criteria for the ideal candidate will include:
* Previous experience of contentious residential property required, or a solid background in litigation with a residential property bias and a willingness and ability to learn.
* A good understanding of the relevant legislation governing residential tenancies i.e. Housing Act 1985, Housing Act 1988 and Landlord & Tenant Acts 1985 and 1987.
* Ability to effectively manage their time to achieve client and internal deadlines.
* Understanding the importance of client care with an ability to deal with a wide range of clients with differing objectives, including being able to understand the commercial objectives of the client.
* Ability to work within a team and provide support to Associates and Partners as appropriate.
* Confident Excel skills sufficient to enable the reviewing of relevant matters.
* Competent IT skills including Outlook, Word, Digital Dictation and Axxia.
* Ability to draft documentation, with attention to detail.
* An understanding of the strategy and vision of the firm.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, in writing, over the telephone and in meetings.
* Ability to convey technical legal information in an effective and accessible way.
This is a great opportunity for someone enthusiastic and reliable to work within a forward thinking, award winning law firm.