12 months ago
We are looking for a Professional support lawyer to join our Regulatory Compliance team in our Bristol office. If you have an interest in the education and charities sector, and have strong drafting skills then we would love to hear from you.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
To provide efficient and dedicated resource to maintain the firm's education compliance services in order to ensure that the toolkit is prepared and the education policy suite is available for purchase at the touch of a button, whether through the website (On Stream) or a supported IT system (My On Stream).
Strong, accurate and focussed drafting skills with an interest in the education and charities sector.
The ability to:
* research changes in the law and consider the practical application to the relevant sectors
* draft documents that are clear and concise
* work effectively with colleagues
* project manage the maintenance and upload of the sector policy suites
* take responsibility for delivery of updates to prescribed deadlines and maintenance of a compliant policy suite, ask for guidance in respect of matters which are unclear and report errors which need to be resolved
* good typing skills and the ability to use office IT applications confidently
* demonstrate awareness through action of the Firm's core values and quality procedures
* Participate in our knowledge networks and systems to share ideas, know-how, expertise, documents and precedents and attend and/or provide appropriate training sessions for colleagues
* achieve targets as set out in team/department/My On Stream business plan and/or budget
* collate statistics re the sale of the toolkit and policy suite to inform marketing and pricing.
* Experience of regulatory compliance and policy drafting essential
* Experience of employment law/HR preferred
* Experience of legal work in the education and charities sector, safeguarding and data protection preferred
* the regulatory compliance led modules for the Compliance Toolkit for Independent Schools (IS) and for Academies and Maintained Schools (AMS) monthly;
* to maintain the firm's education policy suite (principally for the regulatory compliance and employment teams) for sale through On Stream and/or My On Stream for IS and AMS.