11 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Property Litigation team in our growing Watford Office.
If you have an interest in property litigation and are looking to broaden and develop your skills, then then we would love to hear from you. If successful, you would work with a growing team of experts who are able to guide their clients through the difficulties any property dispute presents.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
To work with colleagues to help clients succeed in realising their business or personal objectives, through the efficient delivery of appropriate legal assistance whilst demonstrating our core values.
* Client care skills
* Good team work
* Familiarity and confidence in the use of office IT applications
* Good typing skills
* The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
* Preferably LPC/CILEx qualified
* At least 6 months' previous legal experience in a similar position
* To provide a competent service to clients wholly under the direct supervision of a Senior Legal Executive or qualified solicitor
* File opening and administration
* Lexcel compliance preparation such as scanning and carrying out money laundering processes
* Updating CRM software during and at the end of transactions
* File closure and archiving
* Legal research on new issues
* Providing assistance with marketing material development
* Taking every reasonable opportunity to further legal and skills training
* Complying with the departmental requirements for the use of secretaries
* Assisting fee earners at all levels with tasks delegated by the supervisor; e.g.: helping with letters & reports to clients and with drafting documents
* Becoming familiar with, and operating the procedures and systems required of fee earners at Veale Wasbrough Vizards for case management, billing, file opening, money laundering compliance, archiving, accounts procedures, etc.
* Contributing where appropriate, as part of a department or section work team, in the development
* To take every reasonable opportunity to further legal and skills training
* To be a team player in terms of the workgroup, department and where appropriate to the Firm as a whole.