6 months ago
Posted on December 1, 2017
Partner/ Senior Associate
Number of reports:
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
We now have an opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our Banking and Finance practice to play a key role in supporting clients in relation to mortgage repossession and ensuring cases are progressed to the expected time-scale and costs estimate.
The role provide administrative support to the Paralegals in the team, principally through generating court documents and associated standard correspondence.
* Support Paralegals in all aspects of their work and responsibilities to operate at optimum efficiency at all times
* File documents and maintain the filing systems, including the timely and efficient archiving and retrieval of files
* To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and information
* To process new instructions using the case management system and generate formal demands and default notices
* To carry out searches and issue court proceedings using case management system
* To book agents to attend court hearings and to notify all parties
* To prepare witness statements and instruct agents to attend court hearings
* To set up evictions using case management system
* To maintain diary entries and status notes on the case management system
* To undertake any other ad hoc duties as requested, including the timely completion of various spreadsheets and statistics
Required experience, skills and attributes
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent literacy skills
* Good IT skills (Word, Outlook)
* Enthusiastic and professional approach to work
* Excellent attention to detail and ensures accuracy at all times
* A professional and efficient approach to work
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to take responsibility for own work
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Is dedicated to exceptional client service
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.