Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a Trusts Administrator to join the Private Client department of a well-established, prestigious law firm based in Exeter. The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with Private Client matters, more specifically matters relating to UK Tax, Wealth Planning and Succession.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working within the team which deals with the preparation of wills, the administration of trusts, the drafting of powers of attorney and the administration of estates of people who have died
- Providing support in relation to the portfolio of trusts that the Trust Manager is responsible for managing
- Responsible for the review of historic trust files and assist the Trust Manager with the day-to-day administration in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and the terms of governing instruments
- Identifying key parties to Trust and ensuring appropriate ID is held
- Ensuring the trust is operating in accordance with the governing instrument
- Ensuring that trust accounts and tax filings are up to date and associated key dates are met such as 10-year anniversary charges and beneficiary entitlements
- Ensuring statutory documentation is complete
- Drafting, preparation and review of minutes of Trustee meetings
- Preparation of correspondence to trustees
- Review of deeds and other ancillary documents
- Assisting with the file opening process and preparation of payment instructions
- Preparing trust accounts and maintaining appropriate financial records
- Preparation of the Trust Tax returns and associated tax filings
- Undertaking periodic reviews to ensure files comply with various trust regulation and governance requirements such as FATCA and CRS
- Maintaining accurate client records including file set-up, scanning and efiling
- Completing documentation from Intermediaries, such as banks and investment houses.
Background & Skills:
- You must have an understanding of Trust Law and previous experience of preparing trust accounts and tax filings
- Excellent clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills together with great attention to detail, including the capability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS Office
- Well organised with the ability and desire to work within a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing work practices and pro-actively get involved with continuous improvement of service, products and processes
- Proven commitment to working within a quality standard environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic firm who offer market leading salaries and great benefits. If you would like more information regarding this position, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Trusts Administrator, Trusts, UK Tax, Wealth Planning, Succession, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Administration of Estates, Legal, Law, Jobs in Exeter, Devon Jobs