6 months ago
TMT LAWYER – LONDON
Closing date: 23rd October 2017
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,500 lawyers operating from 23 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and has also developed Cerico, a cloud-based regulatory compliance solution. It has developed long-term service agreements, often referred to as ‘sole adviser’ relationships, with a number of blue-chip organisations.
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individuals. Pinsent Masons has a tier one TMT international practice with TMT lawyers operating across the globe. We are seeking to grow our international TMT practice from London and around our Pinsent Masons hubs (Central Europe, Far East and the Middle East). The practice has a strong sector focus, particularly financial services clients, technology suppliers and customers seeking digital solutions and innovation. The team is focussed on key client propositions, such as MedTech, InfraTech, FinTech and Big Data), which interface to a wide range of sectors, such as infrastructure and construction, energy and real estate.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark. Senior associates are a key part of the team's development and are able to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on (although not be exclusively dedicated to) the financial services sector clients, and will include:
· supporting clients with their digital, technology outsourcing and business change projects;
· acting for customers and suppliers of telecommunications and sourcing related deals;
· developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
· developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
· taking an active role in our campaigns, the developments of our products and pitching for new work.
The successful candidates will:
· have gained experience in a firm with an established TMT practice or a large commercial practice, specialising in sourcing related matters;
· have grounding in IT, Data Protection and Commercial Law;
· understand or be keen to learn about the financial services sector and regulations around sourcing;
· be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues;
· be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
· be receptive to different ways of working including strong project management;
· have the inter personal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
· have an interest in an international practice
What will we offer you?
· We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
· You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the TMT sector.
· We have an unparalleled client base comprising major banks and insurance companies, major technology businesses, UK Government and a number of leading international companies in our four global sectors.
· We are focussed on specific client propositions and have a very clear 'go to market' strategy.
· We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
We are currently looking to recruit a lawyer from 3 years PQE, to join the TMT team in London office.
Key characteristics of the TMT senior associate we are looking for
· Technically excellent and with previous TMT experience of at least three years
· Ideally from private practice or have spent several years in private practice (with a City firm ideally)
· Experience of leading on and/or performing the second in command role on complex TMT projects
· Enthusiastic and a team player
· Self starter, commercially aware and client focused
· Enthusiastic regarding business development and with significant previous experience of a wide range of BD activities
· Experience of supervising more junior lawyers and trainees within the team
· Strong academic background, excellent communication and organisational skills
· Interest in financial services and an international practice (with foreign language capability a benefit but not mandatory)
* The very best national and international work.
* Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
* Genuine long-term career prospects supported through our "best in class" training and our Academy personal development programmes.
For more details, please contact our in house Senior Recruitment Advisor Tia Jawed in the first instance. We are only able to consider candidates who have been logged via the website. Please note that we are not considering any third party applications including agencies that are outside of the PSL for this vacancy.