7 months ago
• Linklaters specialises in advising the world’s leading companies, financial institutions and governments on their most challenging transactions and assignments. With offices in major business and financial centres, we deliver an outstanding service to our clients anywhere in the world.
• Linklaters’ global TMT practice is broad and deals with all aspects of major technology contracts, outsourcing, and offshoring, information management compliance and data protection, e-business and IT security, telecoms and media. The firm’s reputation for handling TMT disputes is also outstanding.
• Our leading TMT practice and lawyers are top ranked by a number of independent legal guides for expertise in a number of jurisdictions.
• The firm’s separate TMT and IP practices are closely aligned to form a global team of 11 partners and 48 fee earners. In addition, a number of Linklaters offices have specialist TMT/IP teams within Corporate and other groups.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
• Taking initial instructions internally or externally, delegating where appropriate.
• Research, due diligence and information management.
• Drafting and reviewing documentation, demonstrating familiarity with precedents and market standards.
Client Relationship Management
• Taking a lead role in advising the client under appropriate supervision.
• Providing commercial and legal advice to the client
• Demonstrating thorough market knowledge to identify current trends and concerns in relevant industry sectors. Able to present ideas to the client to resolve current market issues and anticipate potential problems.
• Supervising team and demonstrating control (particularly of documentation) through effective delegation.
• Debriefing at the end of a matter or at other appropriate stages.
• Co-ordinating, coaching and monitoring the work of others to facilitate achievement of objectives.
• Effective organisation of documentation and project plans.
• Managing meetings effectively by setting clear objectives and agendas and encouraging other’s participation.
• Networking with client to capitalise on new business opportunities.
• Contributing to quality know-how and transaction bibles and their upkeep.
• Delivering practice specific training to develop junior associates.
• Coaching less experienced associates and trainees.
• Regularly giving and seeking clear performance feedback to/from others.
Please note this role will be open from 27 November 2017 to 27 December 2017. A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
• Ideally 2+ years post qualification experience in the technology, media and telecommunications field.
• Demonstrable expertise in data protection, outsourcing, commercial contracts and technology
• You will have a broad range of commercial telecoms experience, ideally including international regulatory experience, and a keen interest in aspects of TMT law.
• Drafting and negotiating a wide range of documentation across several product areas, including outsourcing agreements, software licence and development agreements, network services arrangements and commercial satellite agreements.
• Delivering advice on telecommunications regulatory issues.
• Able to maintain a polite and professional demeanour when dealing with clients
• Networking skills
• Organisational skills.
• Ability to communicate assertively when under pressure.
• Ability to influence using appropriate techniques.
• Innovative and practical
• Team player
• Commercially minded
• Motivates others
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.