about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled IT Project Manager with strong stakeholder management skills to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who wants to work in an IT team that strives to deliver something amazing.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
It is essential that the post-holder has a sound experience of managing projects throughout the complete project lifecycle, from initial definition right through to go-live and on through product support.
The post-holder will be responsible and accountable for:
* Undertake detailed project planning for all assigned projects to ensure delivery to cost, quality and time.
* Manage and maintain their delivery plans, and ensure that individual project plans are up-to-date, appropriately resourced and on-track.
* Ensure project team members are on-track with tasks as per project plan.
* Manage issues / change / decisions, and escalate as appropriate.
* Run Project Team meetings (prep and follow-up actions).
* Produce Project Meeting minutes / notes.
* Manage and maintain all visual management tools, (Gantt charts, etc.).
* Produce detail for monthly management project reports.
* Work closely with stakeholders to understand the organisation requirements for assigned projects, developing effective working relationships and on-going management processes.
* Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for assigned projects, and manage their development and delivery.
* Outline and maintain good understanding and relationships with co-dependent programmes and projects and fully understand any dependencies.
* Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning for the assigned projects.
* Quality assurance defined and monitored.
* Manage supplier tasks and the relationship with the supplier ensuring delivery expectations are clear and met and a smooth transition into support.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
* Previous experience as a Project Manager or Project Administrator.
* Proven experience in delivering projects using PRINCE2, Agile or similar delivery methods.
* Substantial experience in delivering large scale projects / programmes.
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
* A proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects concurrently.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office products such as; Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio & Project.
* Self-motivating with a flexible approach.
* Ability to motivate the project team and the company to meet stretch deadlines.
* The role holder will need to be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
* Certification in PRINCE2, Agile or similar.
* Degree in IT / Computer Science or Maths.
* Experience of working in an IT service environment, law firm, professional services firm or other service sector industry.
* Familiarity with IT standards such as SSAE SOC2, ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA/HITECH, NIST, CSA/CCM.