Team Manager (MOJ and Non-MOJ), Fast Track RTA, Bristol
NewLaw is one of the fastest growing personal injury law firms in the UK. Our philosophy is to truly put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As our business continues to grow, so does our need for ambitious, driven and dynamic individuals who are focused on providing an excellent service to our clients and looking to grow with us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to join our Bristol office in our personal injury, fast track team.
The main objective of the role is to manage a team of MOJ and Non-MOJ Fast Track RTA Fee Earners both in respect of performance and technical supervision in order to profitably provide an excellent service at all times to individual and corporate clients.
• Developing, coaching and mentoring team members to achieve KPIs as set by the business and to maximise their potential in their roles
• Overseeing all day to day activity such as incoming and outgoing post and general queries from the team
• Undertaking specific Stage reviews as requested by the Unit Manager from time to time and responsibility for the auditing of all team members
• Work within the Firm’s standard service levels and / or those applicable to particular client accounts
• Undertaking performance and development reviews, along with monthly 121 and team meetings.
• Training needs to be identified from file reviews and PDRs and fed back to the Unit Manager for inclusion in the training programme.
• Drive and monitor performance of team against agreed KPIs and report to Unit Manager monthly
• Ensure that own and team’s files are maintained in accordance with the file maintenance policy
• Contributing to minimising staff attrition by making NewLaw Solicitors an interesting, rewarding and challenging place to work
• Work to the following team key measures:
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor, FILEX or a Fee Earner with equivalent work experience in a legal environment. They will also have an excellent understanding of personal injury liability and quantum with experience in the field of litigation. With excellent communication skills and a proven track record of coaching and mentoring, they will be able to drive both performance and quality measures in the team. As Team Manager you will be highly motivational and forward thinking with a good commercial awareness.
What we can offer you
NewLaw are proud to support employee development. Your commitment and hard work will be truly valued and will be rewarded with opportunities for personal development and training. We are big believers of nurturing our talent from within and offer various progression routes. We also offer training contracts internally only, which you will be eligible to apply for after one years service.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a range of benefits and the opportunity to get involved with our social and charity events.
Conveniently located a short walk from both Bristol Temple Meads train station and the city centre our riverside Bristol office boasts a spacious and modern working environment.