5 months ago
The team integrates innovative tax structuring expertise with the highest quality advisory skills to give clients a comprehensive cross-border tax service.
Over 120 Linklaters tax experts worldwide advise on all aspects of cross-border advisory and transactional tax matters. Particular fields of expertise include M&A and joint ventures, capital raising, tax based and structured finance, as well as real estate and investment funds.
In tax disputes, the contentious tax team is renowned for its creative approach to tax litigation.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
* Providing tax advice integrated with the commercial, legal and regulatory aspects of transactions
* Taking instructions internally or externally
* Researching the appropriate primary and secondary sources to correctly identify and analyse issues
* Due diligence
* Advising client, judging appropriately when to seek advice and when to advise without supervision
* Drafting using the correct precedents
* Reviewing documentation while appreciating legal and commercial arguments and client goals
* Meeting deadlines
Client Relationship Management
* Exceeding client expectations by anticipating client needs, resolving problems, delivering practical and commercial solutions
* Enhancing team’s client knowledge
* Relaying client feedback to the responsible Partner
* Building and maintaining co-operative, communicative relationships with the client team
* Contributing effectively in client meetings
* Maintaining knowledge of latest commercial and legal intelligence or market situation and its impact on the business
* Participating in recruitment initiatives, client marketing and developing networks with other professionals, participating at conferences or professional organisations
* Identifying opportunities for and being proactive in obtaining further work
This role will be live from 15 Feb 2018 to 14 April 2018. A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
2-5 years’ experience of providing UK tax advice with commercial acumen, preferably gained within a leading international law firm
* Technical excellence
* Analytical ability
* Concise and objective verbal and written communication
* Listening skills
* Team player
* Honest and reliable
* Perseverance and resilience
* Performs well under pressure