Solicitor - TMC/IP
As a leading law firm, Michelmores provides proactive, responsive and quality legal guidance across a comprehensive range of services. With our headquarters in Exeter, and offices in London and Bristol, we advise clients across the UK and internationally.
Our open and collegiate culture is recognised as strength by both clients and employees. We are proud of our culture, which has helped to foster a dynamic law firm. Our collegiate style allows us to work well as a team and towards our common aim of delivering exceptional client service.
The Technology Media & Communications ('TMC') team at Michelmores consists of highly regarded specialist lawyers dedicated to advising clients on all aspects of non-contentious and contentious technology, digital media and communications issues.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious lawyer to join our specialist Technology Media Communications (TMC) team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented lawyer to work with a leading practitioner in this field of work. The role will involve:
• Providing legal advice and assistance primarily on a range of IT, communications, e-commerce, IP, data protection and freedom of information law issues
• Advising on and assisting with the drafting of a wide range of TMC, IP and commercial agreements
• Working as part of a team on large IT and communications outsourcing projects
• Contributing to marketing initiatives and seminars
Experience and Skills Required:
• At least 3-5 years of experience
• Experience of software licensing/ IT & communications hardware/ systems and/or support services agreements
• E-business, web hosting and/or development agreements
• Protection, management, exploitation and enforcement of IP rights
• Data protection and freedom of information laws
• EU Procurement Regulations
•Corporate support – undertaking due diligence from an IP, IT and data protection perspective
• Commercial contracts
• Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
• A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work.
• Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
• Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
• Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment.
• Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
• Possess the ability to cope well under pressure.
• Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
• Demonstrate self-confidence, initiative, and be an innovative thinker.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking Firm where clients recommend us because of the quality of our people and the depth of experience across the whole team. This experience gives real weight at the commercial pressure points of a deal, and has resulted in a reputation in the market for getting deals done.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff