We currently have a vacancy in our highly regarded Healthcare Regulatory team in our Bristol office. The Healthcare Regulatory team provides legal advice, legal updates, and training to internal and external clients in the firm's health and social care sector in regulatory issues, healthcare law, information governance, inquests, CQC scrutiny, professional disciplinary, performers list advice and representation, serious incidents, mental health, patient care issues, Human Rights Act issues, and clinical and corporate governance. Clients cross the public and independent sector throughout health and social care providers and commissioners.
• Act for health and social care providers in inquests, including preparing cases and advocacy at hearings.
• Handle a varied workload of healthcare regulatory matters in accordance with our client protocols.
• Work closely with our clients to provide them with expert legal advice and support them through their healthcare regulatory issues and concerns.
• Support with team supervision.
• Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
• Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training.
• Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
• A Solicitor or barrister with experience in health and social care law.
• Extensive experience of representing clients at inquests including conducting own advocacy (essential).
• Experience of some or all of the following-
- Mental health and/or
- Local authority work and/or
- Public law
- Risk management
• Strong client relationship skills and potential for further development.
• Highly motivated individual to fit into a responsive team providing excellence in service to our health and social care clients.
• An individual able to demonstrate commitment and flexibility of working, to help satisfy high levels of urgent advice and responsiveness
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.