Our Real Estate Team covers every aspect of commercial real estate work including planning and environmental, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution. Clients include property management and development companies, house builders, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas.
Teams are drawn from our offices across the country (London, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds and Bristol), ensuring our clients benefit from a combination of the most appropriately experienced team and local market knowledge.
In all cases we provide high quality, commercially orientated advice to clients for whom property is a key asset.
An expanding client list and increasing volumes of work mean that new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients.
Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
• Acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
• Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Complying with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes etc as well as the specific requirements of individual clients.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment. Key skills include:
• A Solicitor of 0-2 years' PQE with experience in commercial Real Estate typically to have been gained in investment sales and purchases, title due diligence and asset management including dealing with sale and purchase contracts, title reports, negotiating leases and agreements for lease for landlords and/or tenants as well as dealing with applications for consent to assign, deeds of variation, lease renewals, surrenders, licences to alter and underleases.
• Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Ability to operate with a high level of self sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Team oriented and collegiate.
• Some exposure to and success within business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships internally, as well as being able to undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
About the firm
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.