DAC Beachcroft are recruiting a Solicitor specifically to join our Technology and Commercial team in London to work for some of our major national clients within key sectors including financial services, public sector and private healthcare as well as a number of key technology clients including quick growth digital businesses. Work is growing fast resulting in the need to recruit a junior team member.
The successful applicant would work primarily on commercial contracts, IT and IP matters. The workload includes general commercial agreements, software development and licensing, intellectual property matters, ecommerce and digital platforms, compliance and general regulatory work, product and services supply agreements, data protection, IT and business process outsourcing, and public sector and public/private partnership IT projects.
• Handle a varied workload and act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
• Work flexibly with clients who may or may not be legally qualified. Develop an early awareness of the relationship with and position of client contacts.
• Assist, where required, with the relationship management of existing clients of the business.
• Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. article and newsletter authorship, attending marketing events and client training.
• Work with other practice groups to identify mutual business opportunities. Build effective internal and external networks.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge and commercial skills and awareness through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
• Knowledge of and interest in Information Technology market and the enthusiasm to learn more.
• Strong Commercial technical skills.
• Typically having between 3-6 years post qualification experience.
• Proven ability to meet financial management objectives within Solicitor role.
• Good relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
• Ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Robust personality, not afraid of working for challenging clients.
• Experience of dealing with commercially minded and focussed clients and shaping advice to the needs of such clients, or able to demonstrate a clear willingness and capability to work in this way.
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with team members, to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.