4 months ago
Dependent on experience
About the Role
Our Employment team in Bath is growing and we are looking for a Solicitor to join them. Undertaking a strong mix of both employer and employee work, you will also play an active part in marketing and business development. Duties will include:
* Manage a caseload of employment files, under supervision, dealing effectively with cases and transactions including contentious and non-contentious, respondent and employee work
* Manage time recording, WIP monitoring and billing consistently, meeting targets and objectives set
* Deal directly with client to take instructions and ensures full understanding in order to deliver on client expectations
Research and draft article and assists with the production of marketing materials
Begin to develop a network of clients, contacts and potential referrers and attends networking events
Encourages juniors/ trainees and gives feedback to assist their learning, effectively delegating tasks where appropriate
Understands, learns and applies all business processes applicable to own work learning new processes as required
Skills & Experience:
* Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive.
* Experience within Employment law (Minimum of 6 month seat).
* Experience of undertaking marketing and business development activities is highly desirable.
* Ability to manage own files with minimal supervision.
* Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service.
* Organised and able to effectively prioritise.
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last four years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS