3 months ago
Role Profile Level 3
5 years +
(Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm)
Litigation, Transaction and Advisory
Real Estate Manchester
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our national Real Estate team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of commercial property for both the public and private sector. We advise on and draft heads of terms, development agreements and associated construction, planning and site disposal matters, funding arrangements, freehold transfer and associated due diligence procedures, grant assignment and lease renewals. Our clients range from major retailers, leisure operators, regional developers, local authorities, universities and healthcare providers. We have been involved in a range of projects from £100 million city centre regeneration schemes to smaller bespoke ventures. Our service includes the management of large property portfolios for occupiers and investors, advising on LTA 1954 renewals, easements, covenants, service charges and land registration.
To manage a caseload of Real Estate cases including landlord and tenant, estate management work, acquisitions and disposals and to provide support to partners in the team on larger project work including development and regeneration work.
Key duties and responsibilities
* Manage own caseload of Real Estate cases including landlord and tenant, estate management work and acquisitions and disposals
* Provide support to other members of the team
* Draft and prepare various real estate documents
* Liaise with internal and external parties
* Undertake business development
* Supervise and develop more junior members of staff as may be required
* Ensure that work produced is to the highest standard
* Manage own time effectively
* Complete MI procedures as and when required
* Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
* Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
* Comply with relevant policies and procedures
* Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
* Qualified solicitor
* Currently working as a Real Estate lawyer
* Approachable demeanour in terms of both colleagues and clients
* Excellent IT skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent time management and organisation skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise
* Ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
* Ability to work as part
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
< Back to available positions