6 months ago
Role Profile Level 3
(Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm)
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our specialist Healthcare team covers all aspects of healthcare and related areas of law and practice, including child law, clinical negligence, clinical governance, consent to treatment, healthcare advisory and mental health. We provide a supportive, proactive service based on a deep understanding of NHS procedures and the social/political background of public healthcare. Our expert team includes doctors and nurses among other health professionals, all with specialist medical knowledge in key areas.
To manage own case load of defendant clinical negligence cases.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Manage own case load of litigated and pre-litigated clinical negligence cases
* Conduct relevant investigations in order to repudiate and/or conclude the claim
* Liaise with various parties such as claimants and their solicitors, clients, counsel, experts etc
* Obtain documents and instruct experts
* Complete Management Information procedures as and when required
* Adhere to client protocols and Service Level Agreements
* Achieve set financial and chargeable hours targets
* Contribute to profile-raising and business development initiatives
* Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
* Comply with relevant policies and procedures
* Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
* Up to 5 PQE or equivalent experience
* Previous experience in clinical negligence work, preferably for NHS Resolution or other defence bodies
* Genuine and demonstrable interest in clinical negligence work, preferably with some previous experience
* Knowledge of CPR procedures and have proven technical ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent time management and organisation skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise
* Ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Flexible approach
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
< Back to available positions