24 days ago
1. This position requires that you be a recently qualified UK Solicitor with UK corporate immigration experience.
2. This position is located in the UK, at the BAL London office.
3. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the UK, as BAL will not be providing sponsorship for this position.
OVERVIEW: The Solicitor will have a dual role of managing their team (if a team is assigned) in executing case work for their region in addition to being an account manager for clients based in their respective region.
* Provide case advice and strategy and make judgment calls and decisions
* Review and revise casework
* Lead or attend conference calls with clients
* Approve and monitor billing
* Run and monitor various reports
* Provide training to the client’s local staff as needed
* Consider ways to better serve the client through enhanced services or customization
* Have weekly status meetings with each team member
* Provide direction and advice to the team
* Recommend appropriate personnel actions, i.e. promotions, disciplinary actions, compensation reviews, and other HR matters
* Complete performance reviews annually for team members, including setting goals and professional development activities for team members and helping them meet them throughout the year
* Partner with HR to address any employee issues
* Be an advocate/liaison for the team
* Attend and participate in firm meetings and attorney meetings
* Approve timesheets as required (where applicable) and approve time off requests in a timely manner
* Complete other related duties as assigned and support the firm
Skills and Abilities:
* Must have excellent English writing and oral communication skills. Secondary language skills a plus.
* Excellent organization and computer skills required
* Previous experience with coordinating immigration processes highly preferred
* Previous experience with international human resources, and/or global relocation highly preferred
* Previous proven managerial experience preferred
* Skills in Excel, MS Word
* Bilingual/multilingual preferred
* 3 years global business immigration experience strongly preferred; or, relevant advanced degree with equivalent experience in global immigration
* In the UK this requires UK in-bound corporate immigration experience
Minimum Education Level:
* Attorney/Solicitor – Qualified for membership to the appropriate country association to practice law
All candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. (BAL will not provide sponsorship for this position.)
Send This Job to a Friend