Personal Injury Solicitor
A large well know firm of solicitors in Barnsely are looking for a senior solicitor to head up their personal injury department. The business is very well established with good work flows in all areas of PI. The deparment is well structure with an experinced legal assistant, paralegal and secretarial support.
Role Summary - Personal Injury Solicitor
Areas of Work:
The suitable candidate should be able to deal with the matters in the following areas without any supervision:
- Cycling / Motorcyclists Injury Claims
- Defective Product Claims
- Abuse, Neglect, & Criminal Injury Claims
- Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims
- Public Place Injury
- Pedestrian Injury
- Slip and trip Claims
- Work Accident & Illness Compensation Claims
- To give legal advice to callers to the Firm in person and over the telephone in the area of Personal Injury and/or Interviewing clients to obtain their instructions;
- Corresponding and speaking to clients throughout the duration of their cases;
- To agree individual objectives and set priorities in accordance with those objectives, to plan and organise work to meet the objectives and agree necessary adjustments
- To advise, keep informed, negotiate on behalf of clients before relevant courts and tribunals. where appropriate, instruct and work with counsel in cases in the higher courts
- To draft appropriate legal documentation prior to and during representation
- To keep detailed financial records and seek the appropriate prior authority and report and prepare statement of bill where necessary in accordance with professional standards where monies or outlay are obtained/expended in any cases.
- To submit invoices in timely manner to Finance, only after Compliance checks have been completed.
- To undertake relevant administrative duties, such as the keeping of files, records, organisation of meetings in performance of the above
- To undertake training and development to develop and maintain specialist knowledge and skills and to meet continuing professional development requirements as necessary.
- To work as a member of the casework team in relation to the overall operation, administration and development of the Firm.
- To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time
For more information please contact Robert Addy onor click apply today.