6 months ago
DLA Piper's global corporate practice group supports the world’s leading enterprises, emerging startup companies and financial institutions in their development and investment activities.
From mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and venture capital to private and public equity and debt offerings, we assist clients through all stages of their transactions to ensure successful deal outcomes. We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager with the gravitas and expertise required to win the confidence of partners to successfully help build client relationships, revenues, profitability and brand in this key area.
The role of the Senior Marketing Manager - Practice Group - Corporate is to proactively lead on strategic and tactical marketing and business development for the Practice Group across the International business. This involves providing high level, added-value support across the full marketing mix, including profile raising through targeted communications campaigns and business development through the strategic management of pitches, client development and targeting programmes.
Regular travel within the UK and internationally is a requirement of the role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Deliver new business support to the Corporate Practice Group, acting as a trusted adviser and supporting the partners in the delivery of their business plans ensuring the firm delivers to a common CRM approach and the Corporate Group's strategy is promoted to the wider firm
* Develop and maintain a robust understanding of the transactional landscape and DLA Piper's associated technical legal capabilities and network of expertise
* Ensure sales messages for the Corporate Practice Group are initiated, developed and understood by members of the Group, of the firm and the wider, international BD population
* Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on pitch and sales opportunities, advising on win strategies and ensuring the Group's strengths are articulated in compelling sales copy
* Coach and constructively challenge teams in pitch preparations, dry-running proposal presentations and providing feedback as appropriate.
* Manage the delivery of communications activity (PR, sponsorship, events and Internal Communications), working closely with the firm's Senior PR Manager and Internal Communications Manager
* Facilitate a globally consistent approach to Corporate Practice Group activity through appropriate liaison with colleagues across the global platform and proactively engaging and building a community across the Corporate Group
* Apply and share best practice across the Corporate Practice Group team, sharing learnings from your Group with others
* Provide account management support to selected Key Clients within the Group's responsibility
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
* Degree/CIM Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing/MBA (desirable)
* Knowledge of Marketing/BD processes - a sound understanding of new business processes, CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies needed to help us win and retain clients legal work
* Excellent sales techniques and coaching skills
* A professional approach, score highly in terms of commitment and internal client care
* Be IT literate - experience of Excel, Word 2003 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
* Excellent communication and project management skills. You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
* Excellent understanding of group and sector marketing and be commercially minded
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
* Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities - be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment, remaining calm and composed in often demanding situations
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups, and our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading business law firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.