2 months ago
Job Title: Senior Legal Recruitment Account Manager
There is 1 role that can be based in Ideally London, although Glasgow or Birmingham are acceptable.
Hours of work: 9.30am – 5.30pm; 5 days per week.
Reports to: Director of Vario
Purpose of the role:
Vario is unique in the legal sector. A brand within Pinsent Masons ("PM"), it is a hub of self-employed lawyers carefully selected not just for their technical expertise but also for their ability to 'fit right in' and add value from day one. Our 'Varios' (as we call them) work on assignment for clients of PM, non-clients of PM and the firm itself. In doing so, they enhance the flexibility and focus of the organisations they join.
Vario was founded in February 2013 and since then has gone from strength-to-strength, with supply of high quality lawyers and demand from clients increasing by the month.
We've now reached a new stage in our development as we transition from 'start-up' to a maturing business. We are looking to recruit a new Account Manager to support this growth. This is a senior role within our small, focused, friendly team. Successful applicants will be rewarded with a challenging, varied role at the cutting-edge of change in the legal sector and a chance to be involved in the growth and development of a thriving business.
Our Account Managers work at the front-line of delivering the Vario service, from cradle-to-grave. They are candidate and client-facing and have a considerable degree of face-to-face and telephone interaction as well as a strong sense of personal ownership of each 'Vario' and each new lead. These roles are integral to our success: Account Managers embody the Vario brand in all they do.
Development and growth
* Taking responsibility for a specific PM Practice Group, acting as the key point of contact and proactively identifying and developing opportunities to raise Vario's profile within the Group and wider market. This may include:
* promoting the benefits of the Vario solution with individual Partners or at a management level in the Practice Group.
* working with the Practice Group to analyse any talent gaps in the Vario Hub and ensure that we find and recruit the lawyers needed to fill the identified talent gaps, ensuring we are able to meet business and client demand.
* Assessing application forms and questionnaire results
* Interviewing candidates
* Providing telephone feedback to unsuccessful candidates
* Undertaking reference phone calls for successful candidates
* Creating Vario biographies for successful candidates.
* Responding to assignment requests in a timely but thoughtful manner
* Managing enquiries from the business
* Speaking to clients to scope assignments
* Liaising with clients and Varios to match Varios to assignments
* Tailoring biographies and creating communications that sell suitable Varios to the client
* Preparing fee proposals
* Negotiating fees
* Coaching Varios through the interview/meeting stage
* Liaising with the client and the Vario to close the deal
* Agreeing a Flexible Resourcing Agreement with the client
* Agreeing the Assignment Request with the Vario
* Using all internal and external resources and relationships to prepare the Vario thoroughly for the start of their assignment
* Monitoring the progress of assignments
* Handling assignment extensions
* Undertaking assignment debriefs with the client and the Vario.
Each Account Manager will be required to take ownership of a number of development projects at a time. These could range from, for example, the creation of Vario communities within sectors or PQE groups, through to the enhancement of our Vario training programme or the implementation of new selection tools.
* Educated to degree level
* Post-graduate business qualifications are desirable
* Previous experience of working within or closely with, a legal service provider or an in-house legal team
* Understanding of and interest in the changes in the legal sector.
* Previous experience of legal recruitment
* Previous experience practising as a lawyer or as a business development professional, HR professional, or as a freelancer / entrepreneur.
* Exceptional face-to-face, verbal and written communication skills.
* A high degree of intellectual acumen combined with considerable emotional intelligence and empathy.
* A skilled negotiator.
* Superb organisational skills with an acute attention to detail.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
* Unstinting energy, drive and enthusiasm.
* A team approach (willing to roll-up-sleeves, get involved in all aspects of the Vario business and cover for other team members without question).
* A clear thinker who stays calm under pressure.
* Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm’s core values of ‘Approachable’, ‘Bold’ and ‘Connected’, pragmatism and innovation.