20 days ago
There is 1 role that can be based in Scotland or Belfast.
Job Title: Senior Facilities Manager - Edinburgh
Hours of work: 0930 – 1730 core hours flexibility required
Reports to: Head of Facilities
Responsible for: The Management of the firm's Facilities services to 6 offices of circa 135,000 sq ft. Line management of 4 direct reports. Budget responsibility for circa £8m.
Purpose of the role:
To provide a comprehensive, efficient facilities management service that meets the needs of the Partnership, its internal customers and clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Senior Management of Facilities Functions
· Planning the firm's facilities requirements to provide high quality, efficient and effective workplace solutions.
· Ensuring the Facilities strategy is delivered and aligned with Partnership Plans.
· Development of Service Level Agreements to govern the standard of internally provided services, defining performance levels and Key Performance Indicators.
· Development of processes and procedures that are transparent and add value to the business.
· Working with the Head of Portfolio Management & Head of Facilities on space planning, rent, rates and services charges, dilapidations, etc.
· Develop key business relationships across offices and the building of strong communications channels with the business.
· Management of Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance issues in relation to Facilities ensuring appropriate compliance with legislation, codes, directives PM policies and ISO standards. Working closely with the Facilities Compliance Manager where applicable.
· Maintaining and reviewing an appropriate Business Continuity plan for activities and office services support.
· Develop opportunities in Facilities to add value, working closely with other Facilities Teams, Support and Legal Departments and suppliers.
· Leading for the department on a number of topics (To be confirmed) e.g. Mail, Print (Copiers) And Utilities procurement
· Ensuring management of projects is in line with Project Management Office (PMO) policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
2. Procurement and Contracts Management
· Management of services and utilities including M&E, cleaning, security, couriers, mail, print etc.
· Liaison with the Head of Client Services on Catering and Taxi services to the regional offices.
· Working closely with the CPC team to ensure that the firms Procurement Policies and Procedures are adhered to. To include working with CPC representative to prepare specifications for service requirements and Request For Proposal documentation. Lead tender processes, analyse tenders and make recommendations regarding appointment of suppliers subject to approval of the Head of Facilities and Property and Facilities Director.
· Develop Service Level Agreements to govern the performance of external service providers and manage suppliers to ensure excellent and best value services are delivered.
· Working with the CPC Team to ensure compliance and indentifying new and innovative ways of providing services.
3. Team and General Management
· Management and development of the Facilities team to optimise the teams' resources; undertake skills enhancement and personal development of the Team through monitoring and mentoring on an individual and team basis.
· Working closely with the Head of Facilities and the on site Facilities teams to ensure "excellence in service delivery"!
· Liaising with Partners, key business managers and other Facilities Managers to ensure full and proactive business support is provided to their areas of responsibility; reviewing existing services provision and implementing appropriate changes as business needs require.
· Providing an effective emergency and out of hours response service in support of the business.
· Compile and maintain budgets relevant to Facilities and monitor expenditure throughout the year.
· Help in refining the CAFM system for automation of service monitoring and reporting etc.
· Develop on-going assessment of Facilities performance and perception including regular internal client feedback and preparing appropriate performance reports.
· Ensure all staff inductions are carried out in accordance with the consistent policies of the Firm as a whole.
· Participate on H&S Committees and relevant groups associated with the roles or team responsibilies.
· Educated to Degree level
· Member of an appropriate professional body (BIFM)
· Recognised H&S Qualification
· 10 years relevant experience with customer services/partnering environment preferably in a professional services environment
· Proven capabilities in developing support services to high quality standards
· Proven ability to develop and lead teams
· Procurement process experience
· Practical knowledge and working ability to manage and develop KPIs and SLAs
· Experience of Change Management
· Specialist Facilities Knowledge
· Office based H&S experience
· Office based Business Continuity Planning experience
· Office based Environmental Management
· Strong Leadership and management skills
· Space and move/change management preferably with AutoCAD
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Effective communicator at all levels, orally and verbally, skilled negotiator
· Able to manage time effectively to meet demanding timescales, challenging and sometimes conflicting pressures.
· Able to deal with ambiguity
· Commercially astute and able to manage budgets
· Excellent IT skills
· Experience of CAFM Explorer or similar system
· Project Management
· Innovative and proactive
· Analytical and practical
· Customer focused
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
· Good attention to detail
· Highly motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
· Approachable and Adaptable
· Flexible attitude and approach
· Can see the bigger picture
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
4 days ago
only 10 days until close