3 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Our commercial group handles major projects for some of the largest clients in the world. We enable our lawyers to stretch their skills and gain experience few other law firms can offer. Our commercial group includes a wide variety of experts, from contracts lawyers to technology, privacy, media, IP, consumer and financial services experts. With the resources of an international firm and an award winning, innovative approach, all of our people are able to offer carefully managed, progressive business solutions that modern day organisations require.
The role will involve working as part of a team specialising in commercial contracts advising both private sector companies and large public sector bodies on a local, national and international level.
• You will be advising on a wide range of commercial (including some technology) matters from high value, long term strategic arrangements to more day to day operational agreements and standard forms including outsourcing, facilities management arrangements, supply arrangements, consumer facing documents, e-procurement systems and documentation, and agency and distribution agreements. You will also provide commercial support to the corporate team.
• The work, which will be both UK and international in nature, is highly varied and will extend across a wide range of businesses in a wide range of sectors such as TMT, transport, automotive, real estate, utilities and industrial engineering.
• Contribute proactively and enthusiastically to the strategic objectives of the commercial group via structured business development activity with the internal and external market.
• Develop close working relationships with appropriate office contacts throughout the business both nationally and internationally.
• You should be comfortable communicating regularly with clients and participating in client facing activities.
Skills and experience:
You will have:
• a strong academic background, a practical and client centered approach and work successfully as part of a team;
• (ideally) trained at a City or leading regional firm, giving you exposure to similar commercial transactions;
• the ability to take into consideration the commercial impact of your advice when applying technical expertise to decisions;
• an ability to manage a heavy workload and the competing demands of clients which arise from running a number of separate transactions at once;
• taken part in several different types of business development activity and demonstrate an ability to drive for more clients and work and coach junior colleagues;
• a proven track record of shaping new initiatives for your practice group and/or your firm as a whole.
Typically, you will be between 4 and 6 years PQE to have gained the required breadth and depth of experience for these roles. A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness and full participation in the firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
Email this vacancy to a friend