Senior Associate - Financial Regulatory (5PQE)
As a leading law firm, Michelmores provides proactive, responsive and quality legal guidance across a comprehensive range of services. With our headquarters in Exeter, and offices in London and Bristol, we advise clients across the UK and internationally.
Our open and collegiate culture is recognised as a strength by both clients and employees. We are proud of our culture, which has helped to foster a dynamic law firm delivering exceptional client service.
Finance & Investment is one of the firm's three strategic sectors. As a result of the firm's rapidly expanding practice in this area, and in particular funds work, an experienced financial regulatory lawyer is required to join an existing QC led team based in our London office (although Bristol or Exeter are also possibilities).
The firm is known for advising institutional funds on their downstream corporate activity and investing in challenging frontier and emerging markets and has a growing reputation in the alternative investment fund and alternative finance markets.
The successful Senior Associate will join a nationally-recognised group of Lawyers and will be responsible for providing general financial regulatory advice with a focus on funds work. The type of work includes:
• Advising on structuring and setting up funds, including UCITS, AIFs, OEICs
• Drafting core documents including agreements with ie ACDs, depositories, IMs etc
• Changes in control
• Financial promotions
• AR agreements
• Sct 166 interventions
• Consumer credit
Assisting two busy partners undertaking a variety of financial regulatory work which is both contentious and non-contentious.
• Advising on all aspects of funds regulation and alternative finance.
• Manage files diligently and review each regularly.
• Ensure client and matter records are made and maintained in line with the firm's procedures.
• Maintain regular contact with the client and keep him/her informed at all times.
• Adhere to the Solicitor's Regulation Authority (SRA) Client Care directive and ensure the client care documentation is issued at the relevant time
• Play an active role in marketing and sales
• Forge strong peer-group relationships at relevant clients and contacts
• Maintain time recording on client matters on a daily basis in accordance with the firm's procedures.
We are looking for candidates at Senior Associate level (5 years PQE +) with a general financial regulatory background but with a more recent focus on funds work. Ideally the candidate would have both contentious and non-contentious experience and be familiar with the alternative finance market. Direct FCA experience would also be desirable.
You will be able to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking Firm where clients recommend us because of the quality of our people and the depth of experience across the whole team.
Michelmores LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We do not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, marital status, age, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation in the selection, recruitment and treatment of our staff.