9 months ago
6 years +
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
'Top Ranked' Chambers 2017 and 'Top Tier' Legal 500 2016: "Birketts LLP has ‘a good team that is more cost effective than its rivals’, and ‘its advice on where to stand firm and where to give way is reasoned and sound".
Our corporate/commercial department acts for a range of corporate clients across a variety of industry sectors, including owner-managed and family businesses, public companies, start-up and spin-out companies, Venture Capital and Private Equity firms and a fast-growing number of International businesses.
Our team of technology lawyers work extensively with clients, in a variety of sectors, to assist in their growth and development. Our lawyers are technology literate, with a broad range of experience.
Areas we work with clients on are:
* Structuring - we have vast experience of establishing tax efficient, and robust corporate structures for early stage and developing technology businesses.
* Funding - we regularly advise on angel and venture capital funding for both investors and investees.
* Intellectual Property - our lawyers assist technology businesses on securing, protecting and exploiting their intellectual property.
* Commercialisation - we assist our technology clients grow and exploit their businesses through licensing agreements, manufacturing agreements, research and development projects, joint ventures, cloud computing, e-commerce solutions, while ensuring their meet their statutory and regulatory obligations.
* Disputes - enforcing intellectual property (IP) rights and advising oncontractual and commercial disputes.
* Acquisitions and Exits - assisting our technology clients grow through acquisitions to their businesses, and ultimately on exits, usually by trade sales
Purpose of job
Strong technical drafting and negotiation skills are essential as is the ability to deliver a strongly client-focused service, giving clear, timely practical legal advice.
He/she should demonstrate an enthusiasm for and/or experience in business development as all our lawyers are expected to play an active role in marketing and practice development.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving practice with an outstanding reputation, offering excellent career prospects for the right candidate. Working in modern open plan offices in a young, thriving and enthusiastic team for one of East Anglia’s leading law firms, our lawyers are engaged in the highest quality work.
We are looking to recruit an Associate or Senior Associate Solicitor with 4-8 years' + experience gained within a highly regarded city, regional or national firm with a well-developed knowledge in corporate/commercial law, with a focus on Technology.
Our lawyers are proactively supported throughout their careers with an established career progression framework, technical and business skills training programmes and dedicated PSL support.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience/ability) and benefits including pension scheme, permanent health insurance, life assurance, individual bonus scheme, firm-wide profit share scheme, holiday from 25 days, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.