about 1 month ago
Venn Group are now seeking applications for paralegals for a new position with a busy local authority within the West Midlands.
The successful applicant will be employed as a legal clerk to the Councils' Independent Appeals panels for school admission and exclusions.
The ideal candidate will have a background working within local government, preferably with experience liaising with other public sector bodies including schools. Applicants will have studied a relevant law degree, preferably to LPC level, and have a strong understanding of education law and its application.
It is also important that candidates have undertaken relevant employment within a law firm or local authority, where they will have gained ample experience of legal case systems and understanding of how a law practice & legal team functions.
Duties will include:
* Working with the Council's Legal and Democratic Services Education Law Team
* Undergoing training in the law and procedure relating to school admission appeals and exclusion reviews
* Liaising with the School Admissions team regarding the scheduling of appeals
* Arranging for qualified independent panel members to attend each appeals session
* Collating and sending all appeal case papers to parents and panel members within statutory deadlines
* Attending up to 2 appeals sessions each week as clerk to the panel
* Taking accurate notes of hearings and decisions
* Giving sound advice and guidance to the panel on law and procedure, as required
* Answering telephone enquiries regarding appeals
* Writing letters to each appellant setting out the panel's decision (based on pro-forma letters)
This position requires an immediate start; therefore applicants should be available on minimal notice. This position is temporary however there is scope to extend the length of the contract.
An hourly rate of £8-11 per hour is offered for this position.
To apply for this position, please contact Rebecca Breen or Lauren Watts at Venn Group on, or .
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close