5 months ago
RESTRUCTURING LAWYER- BIRMINGHAM
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,500 lawyers operating from 23 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and has also developed Cerico, a cloud-based regulatory compliance solution. It has developed long-term service agreements, often referred to as ‘sole adviser’ relationships, with a number of blue-chip organisations. Pinsent Masons has also recently acquired a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham which further enhances the firm's innovative and market leading offering.
We are looking to recruit a Restructuring Lawyer from 5yrs PQE + to join our Birmingham office.
Our highly rated Restructuring team, part of our Banking and Finance group, advises financial institutions, turnaround and insolvency practitioners, company directors, shareholders and other stakeholders on strategies for recovery and turnaround. We also investigate causes of company failure and pursue claims against those responsible. We act for all major clearing banks as well as a wide variety of other lenders.
The team is increasingly becoming involved in complex, high value restructurings at an early stage in the financial decline curve, with the aim of providing innovative solutions which improve returns to stakeholders and, in many cases, avoid an insolvency process altogether. We are building an increasing reputation for our contentious practice too, having been instructed on a number of high profile assignments.
Operating across the UK and beyond, the team has ten partners and a team of twenty two lawyers making it one of the largest teams of any national practice.
*Chambers - "expert in high value complex restructuring and recoveries" "in interesting and intricate matters".
Legal 500 - "practice built on strong experience of high-value restructuring work".
The team was awarded the title of "Insolvency Law Firm of the Year" 2013 at the Insolvency and Rescue awards.
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark. Senior associates are a key part of the team's development and are expected to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
· developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
· developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
· Taking an active role in our campaigns, the developments of our products and pitching for new work.
The successful candidates will:
· have gained experience in a firm with an established restructuring practice
· willingness to undertake both advisory and contentious work is preferred
· have experience of advising mainstream lenders and/or ABL and similar alternative funders
· be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues;
· be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
· be receptive to different ways of working including strong project management;
· have the inter personal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
· have an interest in an international practice
What will we offer you?
· We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
· You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the Restructuring market.
· We have restructuring panel positions with most major lenders and the four major clearing banks
· We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
· We have a market leading practice focussing on ground breaking innovation
· The opportunity to be part of an emerging team working on stand out high profile national and local assignments
For more details, please contact our in house Senior Recruitment Advisor Tia Jawed in the first instance. We are only able to consider candidates who have been logged via the website. Please note that we are not considering any third party applications including agencies that are outside of the PSL for this vacancy.