6 months ago
Our specialist residential development team is one of the most highly-regarded, sector-focused teams in the UK. They advise developers, landowners and registered providers in all aspects of the acquisition, development and disposal of land.
As part of our structured growth and development, and as our client base and portfolio of work expand, we are now seeking to recruit an experienced solicitor to complement our busy team of committed and hard-working lawyers.
This new role incorporates a broad range of residential development work for house builders, landowners and registered providers, including site acquisitions and disposals, funding documentation and infrastructure agreements.
The post-holder will be expected to assume a lead role on residential development and related matters, providing clients with practical, commercial and expert advice and guidance, together with support, coaching and mentoring of other colleagues within the team. As an experienced lawyer, there will be an expectation that the post-holder will actively contribute to business development activities and to the general growth of the department.
Key activities are likely to include:
* Dealing with conditional contracts, options, promotion agreements and similar;
* Undertaking title investigation and other due diligence work, including some complex site assemblies;
* Dealing with disposals of land, affordable housing and freehold reversions;
* Dealing with legal documents associated with the development process, e.g. easements, infrastructure agreements, licenses, etc.;
* Dealing with the setting-up of management schemes and plot sales documentation in relation to the sale of new build properties;
* Providing support to colleagues within the department and in other associated teams, e.g. the plot sales unit;
* Taking responsibility for and ensure that all files and letters of engagement, etc., are compliant with SRA regulatory requirements;
* Providing advice on costs and funding, including the provision of costs estimates as appropriate; and
* Delegate work to and help supervise and develop less experienced members of the team.
We are keen to hear in particular from anyone who currently works in residential development, although we would also welcome applications from candidates working within commercial property and/or development who are looking to specialise in this dynamic sector.
You should ideally have 4 or more years' post qualification experience, though this does not preclude someone with more experience from applying for the vacancy.
Although knowledge and/or experience of the house building sector is preferred, you should otherwise have proven experience of commercial property and/or development work, with strong technical expertise and up-to-date knowledge of the property sector.
You will need to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and be target driven, with a proven record of achieving demanding fee-earning targets and effectively managing WIP.
Your knowledge and experience will mean that you will be quickly able to establish yourself as a leading member of the team; it is also essential that you are a team-player with a desire to become part of a highly-regarded, sector-focused team and that you have the skills and experience to help develop and supervise others.
You will ideally be an experienced networker with proven experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and contacts and be willing to engage in business development activities. Your strong commitment to client care must shine through.
If you meet the criteria above, and are interested in working for a leading corporate law firms, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of your current salary in this role, to Neil Towse, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Current Vacancies