Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a Residential Conveyancing Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years’ PQE to join our ambitious and expanding client based in Plymouth. This varied position involves managing your own caseload of Conveyancing files for clients and working alongside other members of the Residential Conveyancing team. You will be expected to promote yourself and the firm to win work from existing and new clients and to take part in Business Development activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Directly handling and progressing residential conveyancing matters and transactions, applying legal knowledge to produce solutions which meet clients' needs and address their personal circumstances;
- Deploying the full range of legal skills – interviewing, research, advising, negotiating, drafting, communicating effectively orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with clients and referrers; and
- Managing yourself and your own work effectively and profitably
- Maintain the level of competence and legal knowledge needed to practice effectively, taking into account changes in your role and/or practice context and developments in the law
- Attend training as and when required
- An experienced Residential Conveyancing practitioner with a proven track record in terms of billing, chargeable hours and business development with at least 5 years post qualification residential conveyancing experience in a CQS accredited firm
- Management experience including management of teams and people
- Fully conversant with anti-money laundering and anti-fraud legislation, procedures and compliance and practical experience of the implementation and supervision of the same
- High integrity and high energy; able to demonstrate a high level of customer care and sets quality as a prime objective
- Excellent IT skills and experience of computerised case management systems
- A pleasant but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients
- Able to cope with changing levels of work, with the ability to multi-task, work well and remain calm under pressure, while displaying tact and resilience
- Experience of the design and implementation of conveyancing work flow processes
- Experience of the control, management and auditing of conveyancing referral agreements
If you possess drive and energy, absolute integrity and a desire to put the client and quality of service first, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you! For a confidential chat or to apply for the role, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Residential Conveyancing, Conveyancing, Legal, Fee Earner, Solicitor, Law Firm, Legal Executive, CILEX, LLB, Law Degree, Law, Jobs in Devon, Plymouth Jobs