Residential Conveyancer, Central Birmingham
Looking for a city centre location close to transport links at a legal 50 firm and right next to shops, local bars and restaurants?
BCL Legal is excited to be working with this leading national firm in its recruitment of a residential conveyancer to its residential development team in Birmingham city centre. You will be trained on how to manage complex land / site acquisitions and site set ups for leading UK residential developers.
The work carried out comprises of land acquisition work, plot support and plot sales. It is a highly supported environment and all members of the team have the opportunity to work with the partners to seek advice and support.
· daily contact with clients
· preparation of contracts documents
· title examination
· the usual due diligence involved in buying a development site including carrying out site visits
· there will also be the opportunity to attend or lead contract meetings with clients to negotiate
contract documents, depending on experience
· attending business development and networking opportunities
For an experienced solicitor their is the option of a supervisory role to supervise more junior fee earners within the team.
You should ideally have experience in both leasehold and freehold plot sales schemes but more importantly a keen desire to specialise in residential development work and land acquisition.
The successful applicant will gain high level technical experience acting for housebuilders on major new build developments and hands on supportive training will be provided. Key skills desired:
· the ability to negotiate contract documents with anything between moderate to little supervision
· the ability to examine a title and undertake a full due diligence on a site / land acquisition from the point of view of a property developer
· good organisational skills and a strong communicator who can relay what needs to be said with brevity and as little legalese as possible
With a minimum of 12 months' experience in plot sales you should have a strong academic background and be passionate about plot / residential development transactions. This firm can offer a supportive and collegiate environment working on the best quality residential development matters.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Grace Homer at BCL Legal. Grace specialises in the placement of conveyancers into Birmingham's leading commercial firms.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.