6 months ago
Dependent on experience
About the Role
Due to the continued growth of the firm, we are seeking a qualified Reporting Accountant to join our Finance team in Bath. This is a newly created role that will work closely with the Finance Partner to prepare, develop and analyse financial and business information to support firm-wide decision making. Duties will include:
* Prepare periodic financial statements and reports for Senior management including management accounts, profit & loss accounts, budgets, cash flow, variance analysis and commentaries
* Standardise, organise and document financial and management information processes
* Analyse financial performance and contribute to department business planning and forecasts
* Produce written communication and commentaries that effectively summarise findings and support recommendations
Support the development and implementation of key financial and business performance KPIs which accurately and effectively monitor business performance.
Work closely with the SQL Manager to monitor, develop and evaluate financial information systems. Where appropriate, undertake development work within the databases.
Produce models and pricing strategies for new business opportunities
Analysis of profitability and pricing support for business units, sectors and key clients
Work with the Finance Partner and Senior Management to define suitable pricing strategies
* Support the implementation of new Business Intelligence software to improve the accessibility and effectiveness of financial and business information reporting.
Skills & Experience:
Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
* Previous experience within a financial analysis position
* Previous experience within a law firm or the professional services industry is highly desirable
* Strong knowledge of key software including Advanced Excel, Microsoft BI, VBA and SQL.
* Ability to create and manipulate reports within BI software or SQL
* Client focused with the ability to build strong commercial work relationships with senior partners
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last three years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!