2 months ago
The Regional Marketing & Business Development Manager (North West) is responsible for developing and maintaining the profile and reputation of DLA Piper in the local marketplace and for delivering the firm's global strategy on a regional UK basis. In conjunction with the Head of Marketing & BD - UK and the Office Managing Partners in the region, you will create and manage delivery of the regional/office Marketing & BD plan in line with the firm's One UK strategy. You will manage/ coordinate the resources required to deliver the plan including people and budget, and you will demonstrate return on investment (ROI).
The role holder should be flexible in working approach, willing to travel to meetings and events in other parts of the UK (with some occasional international travel) and be available to work outside normal office hours when required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Delivery of the Regional Marketing & BD plan as part of the firm's One UK Marketing & BD strategy
* Provide marketing support and consultancy advice to the office(s) in the region
* Support industry sector development and local profile/business needs in the local region
* Support the development of the firm's key clients (Multinationals, nationals and key regional / office clients and targets) and encourage the cross-selling of the firm's services
* Help promote and undertake structured relationship and matter reviews with clients
* Develop regional and office target lists across local practice areas and sectors. Ensure targets have clear action plans and ownership
* Manage local pitches and debriefs
* Deliver substantially improved awareness and profile for DLA Piper with clients, targets and stakeholders
* Working closely with the central external communications team and practice/sector marketing managers, help to oversee PR and communications activities for the region, and where applicable liaising with the external PR agency
* Define (with various stakeholders e.g. practice group and sector marketing teams) the current and emerging market and technical issues on which we can comment, identify platforms with the right profile/delegates and run marketing campaigns to promote the firm
* Further define, package and communicate the specialist services we can offer across Practice Groups in the region - both to internal and external target audiences
* Create and deliver an internal marketing programme to improve understanding of the region across the firm, increasing leads and referrals
* Make recommendations on improving our overall position to create distinct profile and messages for the local markets, fully aligned to the DLA Piper brand
* Help to build and manage competitor intelligence for the region to support broader brand and BD activities
The role holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate should have:
* Degree/CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing (desirable) along with knowledge of Marketing/BD processes - a sound understanding of new business processes, CRM as a concept and the emerging technologies needed to help us win and retain clients legal work
* A professional approach, with strong commitment and internal client care skills
* Excellent communication and project management skills. You will be expected to have strong probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
* Excellent understanding of generalist marketing activities and be commercially minded
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
* Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
* Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
* Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations and adopt a 'can do' approach, as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; with a collaborative working style.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups, and our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading business law firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.