The Real Estate Division is one of Addleshaw Goddard's largest. Within the Manchester office, the mainstream Real Estate team currently comprises five partners and over 20 other fee earners. We place a high emphasis on our transactional expertise and are able to bring a commercial and business-oriented approach to a wide range of contentious and non-contentious property matters.
Our Real Estate teams have advised on many high profile office, retail, leisure, development and regeneration schemes throughout the UK. We have also worked alongside clients on high volume portfolio transactions.
A key strength is our ability to provide all the relevant skills (mainstream real estate, corporate, structuring, tax, planning, construction, environment, property litigation) in one team.
We are looking for an experienced Associate to work alongside our Partners on some key matters and clients. The role will undertake a range of commercial property work including landlord and tenant, property management, sales and purchases.
Addleshaw Goddard has a strong reputation for providing Associates with a supportive, stretching environment and so anyone taking up this role can expect to have the opportunity to play a significant role in working for clients that are key to the Division and to the firm.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- At least two years legal experience gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
- Excellent knowledge of commercial property and related law
- Experience in the drafting of property contracts, leases, reports and contract negotiation
- Experience of taking responsibility for running some aspects of property transactions
- A proven record of a high standard of client care for existing clients
- The ability to fit quickly into a team-based environment
- Demonstrates the ability to update and improve technical expertise on a regular basis
- Display a knowledge of key areas of the law by providing clear, precise, practical solution lead advice with appropriate levels of supervision
- Some experience, and an interest, in business development
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
- Clear understanding of the operation and structure of a top law firm ability to achieve continuous improvement and development
Addleshaw Goddard is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.