4 months ago
Team: Real Estate Disputes (Manchester)
Reports to: Real Estate Disputes Partners
Purpose of job
The role works as part of the Real Estate Disputes team who are located in both London and Manchester. It will focus on working on high quality real estate disputes matters with a range of clients.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our market leading practice which advises on a wide range of disputes and property issues, from high value and complex to the more straightforward. Our team works with a wide range of clients including developers, owners, property institutions and retailers.
This role will involve working on a variety of property-related cases covering for example:
* Consents to assignment, alterations, changes of use and underletting
* Unopposed and opposed commercial lease renewals
* Lease break options
* Rent reviews
* Enfranchisement and other residential issues
* Lease disclaimer, forfeiture and surrender
* Service charges
* Tenant insolvency
* Trespass and unauthorised occupation
* Rights of light
* Development agreement-related disputes
* Enforcement of easements and restrictive covenants
* Joint venture disputes
* Risk management
* Professional negligence
* Real Estate Disputes Partners, Associates and Paralegals in Manchester and London
* Wide range of clients including Tesco, BlackRock, Aviva and Land Securities.
Experience and knowledge
* At least 3 PQE
* A broad range of in-depth commercial experience at a city or large regional practice
* Strong technical experience in Real Estate Disputes matters
Skills and competencies
* Commercially tempered, ambitious and motived
* Ability to work independently and know when to seek additional support
* Clear and concise communication skills
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our firm. At BLP we aim to create an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. BLP is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce and is supportive of flexible working arrangements, tailored to the individual, wherever possible.
Please feel free to speak to the Resourcing Team about the flexibility we are offering for this role.
Please note that our PQE levels as stated in our job descriptions are a guide only and all suitable candidates will be considered.
To ensure all hardcopy and electronic materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.